Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Downtown Swing

Oh I love it down here. I'm still having problems accepting that I have homework to do and can't knit all day long, haha. Due dates are the only thing that get me going. I'm such a procrastinator it's horrible. I have friends that procrastinate as well, I like to think of ourselves as professional procrastinators. I'm actually supposed to be doing homework now, but I'm blogging. Who doesn't love a good blog?

I'd also like this time to show you my gorgeous flowers :)



&&& as another side note, that I don't need a guy to get me flowers. I get my flowers all on my own. I work hard, I like flowers, I am going to buy myself some flowers. I also have no problem with my residents buying me flowers if they so choose to do so (I really like flowers residents! Haha- you said you'd get me some!).

I also have finished a hat in my procrastination. I'm calling it my Baby Moss Stitch Hat (but it can totally be altered to fit a larger head, according to gauge and size of the person that will be wearing it.)



Here's the pattern:
I used size 5 dpns and 2 skeins of yarn (double threaded/2 colors)
CO 80 sts
*K2,P2 for two rows,
P2,K2 for two rows*
Repeat these four rows until the piece measures about 4 1/2 inches to 4 3/4 inches (or however long you want it to be, maybe you want a fold so go longer for that)
the decreases;
(I started my decreases in the P2,K2 row, so try to end right before that if you want to follow these decreases)
*P2,K2,P2,K2,P2tog,K2,P2,K2,P2,K2tog*
Knit a round (in pattern)
*K2,P2,K2,P2tog,K1,P2,K2,P2,K2tog,P1*
Knit a round (in pattern)
*P2,K2,P2tog,K1,P1,K2,P2,Ktog,P1,K1*
Knit a round (in pattern)
*K2,P2tog,continue in pattern, P2,K2tog, continue in pattern*
Knit a round (in pattern)
{I hope you have the pattern here, the sequence of using the double moss stitching}
*P2tog,continue in pattern, K2tog,continue in patter*
K a row of pattern (should be single moss stitch)
*K2,P1,switchstitches to P2tog*
Knit a row of pattern
*P2,K2tog*
Knit a row of pattern
*K2tog,P1*
Knit a round of pattern
*P2,K2tog*
K2tog, P1
thread through.
sew up the seems!



I'm really proud of myself for coming up with these decreases, but if you have any trouble, please let me know!

Now instead of knitting (which I so want to do right now), I must continue to do homework and get back into the swing of things. Until next time,

<3 Carly

No comments: