Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Happy Birthday Crosby!!!

Well, today is Sidney Crosby's 20th Birthday- number 87 born on 8-7-87... Going to be making 8.7 million with the new contract. He's no longer a teenager, which really saddens me. :( But what saddens me more is that the Pens haven't yet renewed or extended Marc-Andre Fleury's contract yet. It is erally giving me a scare. Well, onto knitting. I am so excited about the Bloomin's sale. I have a huge bag on hold, and some of it isn't even cotton! I just don't want anyone else to touch it!! I have the Pens colours picked out for an amazing scarf I want to do. The yarn calls for size 19 needles. I don't know- can I do a cable with needles that big?? I really want to learn how. Oh, and I have some blue Love It! yarn (cotton) for my first sweater! I am really excited, can you tell?? Oh, but I have not told you what I am working on right now, except for the sock for the shop- which by the way, I on the heel part, doing a lot of slip stitching stuff, kind of confusing, but catching on. But anyway, I am working on the most beautiful scarf for my cousin who is a huge football fan. My cousin will love this scarf and it kind of makes me feel bad saying that it is such a beautiful scarf because I am from Pittsburgh, no I'm from Blitzburgh- Home of the Steelers, and... and.... I'm making a Browns scarf that could honestly make me switch because it is just soooo beautiful!!! Ok, I said it. But it's not true. I will always love the Steelers, just Pens a little more because they have hotter players. :) But once everyone sees this scarf at Friday Night Knitting- I have work on Thursday so can't go to that one, but maybe I'll go before work to try to finish my sock- You too will wonder if our colours are strong enough. I mean these colours and the way they contrast are just so beautifully. I think I will do one for my aunt too. She is also a Browns fan. My uncle is the Steelers fan. I sewed him a nice Steelers scarf last year, but maybe I can perswade myself back to black and gold by knitting him a hat of black and gold. Maybe... We'll have to see, because like Laurie, I think I have Startitis or however you spell it, cuz I just keep seeing new yarn and more projects, and oh my gosh, I'm excited for it!!! :D

1 comment:

Celtic Queen said...

You can do cable that big. It'll just be chunky so you'll want something simple and probably just one cable. We'll help!