Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Knitting all the time

I just can't stop- I mean seriously I can't. I went to the movie Stardust with my friend Beka (by the way, AMAZING movie), and when the previews were going, I was knitting a hat. Yup, I knit until the lights went totally black and couldn't tell my knit stitches from my purls, so had to stop. My friend laughed as I was doing this, but then realized she wanted a hat too. lol, well, she will most likely get one. I also am reading the Harry Potter book like mad too. I sit on my porch outside with my Harry Potter music, my book, and my nifty bag from Heather that has either a hat in it or a sock depending on when I'm knitting. Right now it has a hat but it had a sock in it for a while. That's how I got it done so fast (I need to graft the toes, I didn't put those instructions in my little note book)- I was reading and knitting at the same time. Very fun. I suggest to all readers reading this now- pick up your knitting! You're wasting valuable knit time!! I mean, seriously. I knit in the car now. I just can't look at it too long or I'll get a head ache, so I don't knit in the car that often. But I am very well ahead on the blue and silver thing, you know what I mean if you see me knit. I got 4 skeins (I combine the colors so it's only like 2) but I still finished them off in almost like 3 days. That's quick. And I am working on a hat right now, because I decided to frog the flare legs warmers.... Yes I will still make leg warmers, no they will not be flare. :)

Ok, I still don't have internet and I still don't have a digital camera. I also want to paint my room and go for a little back to school clothing shopping with my friend Allison. So, I'll take about 75 to Forever21, paint would be like 50 maybe... Then a digital camera is next on my list.... I need to get one before the musical starts because I just love taking pictures at rehearsal. Also at family functions and at other events as well, like, MY KNITTING ACCOMPLISHMENTS! :) I have so many items left to knit, but OH! I finished the Browns scarf, I no longer like them, it was just a little thing, it was just not hating them as much. That's all. And I've decided to make a pair of Steelers socks for the Cleavland uncle (He lives in Cleveland, but is a Steelers fan). That should get me back on the right track with the Pittsburgh ways. I also cannot wait to get that Pens scarf started. I don't think I am going to do the cable in that, I got this really beautiful purple soft soft yarn and I think that will be the cable on size 8's and the Pens scarf will just be ribbing or something like a scarf I got for X-mas a few years ago that is really nice at alternating colours. Well, my time is limited and I am hungry. I will knit my way down the stairs! :) I have work Thursday, so no Knitting then, but maybe the next??! We'll see. But Everyone keep knitting!!!! :D

2 comments:

Celtic Queen said...

I could show you how to do a bicolor brioche stitch for your Pens scarf. New technique with lots of potential. :)

LaurieG said...

Or you could do some Fairisle in the round. Just sayin'. You should see this as an opportunity to learn a new technique. Pick something. Entrelac, Fairisle, mosaic...