Monday, March 14, 2011

Break- fasttt

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. But when I was little I really couldn't say breakfast, it came our more of break fast. I separated the word for some reason. BUT this isn't even relating to the post title, just a fun little fact to get you started. Basically I just had Spring Break and it seriously flew by. I was on duty for my CF job Monday & Tuesday, and was super lazy those days- got a little homework done though :)

ANYWAY- this break went by way too fast. I did a good amount of baking even with having to work almost everyday of break.

First I made brownies :) They are called "Brownies for a Crowd" and are supposed to have nuts in them, but I have a very picky guy that doesn't like nuts in his baked goods so I was nice and didn't put them in. I put more chocolate chips in instead =)



They were definitely a hit. My mom couldn't get enough of them- haha. I put my own twist on them as well. They called for so much chocolate syrup that I wanted to use the cocoa to see a mix of chocolates- mixing with the chocolate chips (mini semi-sweet morsels and white chocolate chips).

I was also working on the Homesick Scarf I am making for my man's sister. She misses Pittsburgh so much and honestly who wouldn't? We live in an awesome city =) . I wanted to get more of the frilly purple, but I might have to frog it back and just make it thinner. There wasn't anymore of the yarn at the store I got it from.... Problem!



It's super cute and I totally want one. But with the purple now being available it kinda puts this aside because I don't want to frog the whole thing and I don't want to fail at finding another skein. Finding another skein would be great but also a hassle because I want her to get the scarf soon. It's only going to be cold so much longer.

I then made some cookies over break! :) My friends wanted some sweets when we got back. These are my favorites- the "Kitchen Sink Cookies". If you are allergic to nuts, you should stay far far away.



With 18 oz of chocolate chips, 4 oz pecan halves, 4 oz walnut halves, & 4 oz of almond slivers- these babies are AWESOME!



Not to mention the batter has the brown sugar as the main sugar- that's my favorite way to go. I like the toffee like quality it adds to the cookies. I want to try it in brownies, or blondies because it's my favorite thing about cookies is brown sugar. The way brown sugar bakes just makes me drool!!!!!

Oh, and then I worked on my pretty "Sleepwalker Socks" over break :) Working on the heel flap currently-



I don't like the way that the flash on my camera alters the look of the yarn. It's very disappointing, but the sock is coming along swimmingly! :)

Surprisingly enough I didn't take ANY pictures of Ms. Pudge, but Mittens got some photos done ;-)



He was kind of sleeping, but he's a cutie nonetheless. Our old man with diabetes- <3

I'll try to keep you all updated on the search of yarn and my Kitchen Sink cookies are going fast! Hope you all are enjoying the warm weather? It's supposedly getting warmer-- haha ;-)

I'm going to be busy back at school working on classes and what not. Until then-

<3 Carly

No comments: