Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Finished Chicken & Rice

I am very proud of my cooking skills now a days. I still must admit that I am more hesitant to cook than to bake but I must eat therefore I must cook, haha. As much as I would love to eat brownies and ice cream and cookies for my meals, I do crave the other foods that count as actual meals, haha.



I first shredded up the chicken. Just with forks, nothing fancy.



I then started my rice. Just a cup of rice, and 2 cups of water.



Look, it's already starting to look like actual soup with the shredded chicken in it! =) I'm cooking!!



Here's my bubbling rice! It cooked a lot faster than I thought. I was going to give it the 15 minutes but it took just 10 minutes for it to cook. I boiled it then simmered it just like the directions said but I guess my oven/stove is hotter than I realize.



Here's the soup all finished! Look how soup like it looks! hahaha



Now here's me trying to be a photographer. I'm not so great at it, but it does the trick.



I think I did a pretty good job for never making soup before. I should have added more salt to the entire soup but I just did to my bowl. I'm proud of myself =) and surprisingly Luna stayed napping the entire time I cooked chicken and everything. That was a shocker. Cats in the past of ours have plopped themselves onto the counter and had at the turkey during Thanksgiving. Guess Luna just goes nuts for crinkling papers and yarn. My food is safe, haha.

Until next time!

<3 Carly





No comments: