Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

I'm not in school anymore and I must admit it was bittersweet not moving into the dorms or apartments and getting ready for classes. Just 2 weeks ago during my drive into work on the parkway there were the traffic signs tell good old Point Park students to get off at the Grant Street exit to go move in. I'm not necessarily saying I miss school, but it was definitely odd not to be packing up and moving in myself.

Now I have been meaning to blog, just as I always do, but much like how I always said while I was in school, I have really watch the time slip away. I have been at my job for 2 months now! That's crazy to think about. I'm thoroughly enjoying it though and very excited to be doing what I do.

With all the time slipping away though, I haven't been able to knit nearly as often as I wish I could. I am still working on my purple monkey socks, some xmas gifts and I'm really wanting to swatch/gauge for my swirl sweater. Remember when I bought all that madelinetosh? Still haven't started that yet. I am a yarn/knitting addict through and through.

I have been cooking still. Baking too =). Made some delicious chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and walnuts. They're very good and I've had too many, haha. I will forever to love baking for a crowd.

Luna is getting bigger, though whenever people meet her they say she's so small, haha. I say, you should of seen her when I got her! This is double what she was!

My apartment continues to get decorated with me and my crafting. I am thinking of going back to my t-shirt blanket and really beginning to work on that. That would be time consuming, but I want to get it down so that I can use it! It'll be a great big blanket.

My man is wonderful as always too. I keep thinking of more and more things I want to knit him but the time just slips on by and sprints passed me. I know how bad he wants those beer cozies. I'm thinking those will be good traveling projects. I will be starting them soon. I swear. I mean it is already September.

I promise the next post will have some photos. Of beautiful knit items and probably a picture or two of my Little Luna =).

Until next time,

<3 Carly

No comments: