Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Crafting Day Off

With the long Labor Day Weekend, I forgot to mention my office is moving. Not far, just a block away from it is now, but the cubicles are being moved today, so I wouldn't have had anywhere to sit if I went in. So I am taking advantage of the time and crafting my little heart out.

I started off with more hearts for my bedroom. I have this wire thing I got from IKEA. It's pretty sweet. Anyway, I cut hearts out of paint samples and had them hanging in my dorm at school. I decided to make it a much bigger kind of project and expand it to my bedroom wall. I cut a lot of hearts and you have to make sure there is a heart on both sides so that you don't just see the back of the paint sample. You'd be surprised how often that is when you don't have another heart on the back, haha.


Luna thought she was helping out. I have found out she likes to craft too.


Now yesterday/last night I decided to really commit to the T-shirt Blanket and I am. I am working only on the "high school" side right now because I don't have the college side just the way I want it yet. I have some connections still at PPU and want to have more PPU throughout the "college" side. I only have 6 PPU shirts for the college side. That sounds like a good deal, but I counted 15 Lebo shirts for the high school side... So clearly I got more free shirts in high school/middle school, haha.

Here are the pieces I had done last night.


And here is where I am now. I must figure out how I want to attach the batting... I'm not a quilter by any means and this is all new to me. I think it'll work out just fine, but it is quite a process I must say. I need to go get some more fabric for the edging of the blanket. I completely didn't think of that. Also, I can't decide if I'm going to get just a little bit of fabric for the edging and just keep cutting it into pieces or get enough to cover an entire side. That just might be 2 yards of fabric though! That's a lot of fabric just to edge a blanket... This thing is massive, if you can't already tell in the photo.


I have also been knitting in between all these projects! Haha, I told you it was a completely crafting day.

Here is my sock I have been working on. The pattern is called Monkey =). Everyone is always in love with the color of the yarn. It is quite lovely and I'm not sure the camera caught it as well as it should. The pattern is from this book that I have an electric copy of. I really want to print it though. It has gorgeous patterns throughout it. Truly will be making tons of the socks from this book.


There is another knitting project I want to work on today because that would mean one knitted Christmas gift would be done. That would be fantastic if I could get that out of the way.

Then there is cooking. I think I want to make some carrot cream soup for dinner and take for lunch tomorrow. I have a bunch of carrots, all I need is some cream though from the store. I need to get some milk and eggs anyway so I'll double check to see if I need anything else for that dish.

Until next time, ;)

<3 Carly & Luna

No comments: