Thursday, January 22, 2015

Holiday Knitting Insight

I really am a "knit for love" kind of person. I love being able to knit something that someone can wear over and over. I also love seeing how much they love their new handmade item. That means a lot to me. The people that I know appreciate it, I knit for those people more. The ones that don't care, or aren't really going to wear it, they don't get the items after my first time knitting for them (which was technically a mistake in the first place, they didn't want something knitted). Giftcards for those folks next time!

My holiday knitting this year went pretty well. I usually start really early, and this year that was not the case. I took on my one commissioned project, and didn't start it early enough. But finished it right in the nick of time to be right on track to finish all my other Christmas gifts.

Now I don't want all of this to sound harsh or misleading, it's just that a craft that takes hours on end deserves to be loved. And that's why it is so simple to say, I knit for love. :)

<3

No comments: