Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Knitting is a World

Everyone has something that they know a ton about and always look up more about.

Mine is knitting.

I can never seem to get enough. It's crazy, because I will look up on my computer other techniques and more patterns and what's going on in the knitting world (Vogue Knitting Live, the Rose City Yarn Crawl, PGH Knit & Crochet, Steel Valley Yarn Crawl, etc). I feel like I'm looking things up and reading and picking out what I want to do more than I am knitting right now. Which is crazy! I'm planning to knit and create all of these things, and I'm not knitting as much as I used to. It's a weird thing to realize when you want to create so much, but enjoy the process so much.

Knitting creeps into all aspects.

Do you know I have it bookmarked on my phone, since summer, a page full of books that have knitting as the main subject? There are knitting mysteries! I'm not sure I want to know what I could do with a knitting needle that could make it a crime... This ensued because when I went to the Chambersburg Ice Festival last year, I found the book Knitting Under the Influence. 1- it's hysterical! 2- totally addicting. Of course there are others out there; The Friday Night Knitting Club, Knit Two, and I'm currently reading Knit the Season. Not as addictive as Knitting Under the Influence, but because I know the characters, it feels good reading their story.

Now I have been creating a lot of things lately, and these beer cozies are just too cute. They're easy, fun, and so quick! You can make them so many different ways!


I made these for my man and his friends. They brew beer together, and they're getting pretty good, I'm not going to lie. Their first beer wasn't my favorite too bad, but each beer gets better and better. They made a pumpkin beer that I think was my favorite thus far, but their Christmas beer was good too! Lots of spices :)

But back to my knitting. I love that it can be a part of everything. And that I can make it a part of anything.

Now, I'm heading off to a Sip & Knit with some good knitting friends :)

Until next time,

<3 Carly

No comments: