Tuesday, February 9, 2010

3 SNOW DAYS!!!

Snow days are so glorious right now!!! And they just keep on canceling!! :)

BEFORE I explain my snow days in college, I would like to explain what an awesome weekend it was to be snowed in. Being able to just enjoy and relax, plus the ridiculous amounts of snow just made it sweet. Boyfriend and I did get snowed in, but we enjoyed ourselves. We ended up ordering a pizza from Pizza Fiesta. They had a 2 hour wait for delivery and a 20 minute wait for pick up. Haha-- we picked up ;-)

After we came back with the pizza people were baffled. "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!" We simply said, Pizza Fiesta-- along with the wait for both options of getting the pizza. He frantically paced and opened his phone as we went up the elevator to enjoy a movie with our pizza-

Sunday boyfriend decided to stay in the city. The roads were sheets of ice until today so he completely had a reason, but our boss was still a little pissy. Just the attitude he said, well I'm on this road and it's fine. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the city slacked or something-- they just couldn't handle it all! Boyfriend parked in the garage Thursday night and didn't leave until Monday morning and it was only $15. He says it was the best $15 he's ever spent. No scrapping snow off his car or digging it out. Proud moment :)



SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!! SAINTS WIN!!! <3 that was a good night <3 free food from campus, school closed for monday and an awesome 2nd half! WOOO!!!

Now onto the adventures from the expeditions I took through the snow ;-)



Monday: snow day! Adventure Day 1 through the snow, ice and slush.

My friend Liz and I met at Mocha MaryAnn's for coffee/tea/hot cocoa, whatever it is you fancy and just a morning meeting place. I tried the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea-- so good. All it need was some honey and it was good. Stayed hot a good while too, which was very nice because Monday was colder than today was. We also checked out this sweet little store on my way to deposit an old paycheck--- now when I say little store, I mean it looks little. This store is actually HUGE! It has a first floor and a second floor and each floor has like sub sections that make it even sweeter.

(stuffed animal room---)

The games at the second floor, it just makes you want to buy all of them and go play them! Haha--- the first floor consists of porcelain figures, doll world, Christmas houses for making your own towns, a Valentine's section, cards, Steelers/Penguins sports areas, stuffed animals too!--- all sorts of stuff! Along with the motion detecting dog that rolls around in a wagon and has a laugh that could be in a horror film. . . . more to come with that later.

After the half hour, forty five minute pit stop in the cute little shop, we went to my bank :). Not as cute as the bank down the street from my house (same bank company, just different people). The people at my bank just know me so well and it's really nice. I like that.

SO--- after all that, we went to CVS for family Valentine's cards/gifts, the post office for stamps and mailing off a Christmas/Valentine's Day gift to my Baby Yaya Girl in Michigan--- Catherine--- SORRY iT TOOK SO LONGG!!! Then Subway for lunch and my room for a movie to end the adventure off right.

That night I got to see Dear John with boyfriend Jon-- Hahaha-- YES!!! They're both Jon's. Mine claims he's a Saint--- so funny. We both enjoyed the movie, but I'm thinking the book must be better. The ending of the movie made me pretty upset. But watching it together, we actually enjoyed it. He made corny comments from it the next day and I said "Awe you liked it!" And he replied, "Now I never said that-" oh boys. . .

Tuesday: snow day #2 Adventure Day 2 with proper shoes!!! :)

I went out exploring in the snow for a SECOND DAY with Liz & Addi. Again we met at MaryAnn's and I tried another tea. Red Raspberry-- it didn't turn my teeth or tongue red!! That is so impressive for a Red Raspberry type of tea. They usually stain so easily.

This day was so much more filled with adventure--- We went to the Sprint Store-- fixed a mishap on a bill (THOSE COMPANIES TRY TO EAT PEOPLES WALLETS I SWEAR!) and got it all taken care of. Apparently I went on the internet enough to charge my phone $40 worth and I don't remember ANY of it. Great.

We ventured into the downtown Macy's. It was my first time being in there and it was so cooL! It was like 11 floors high up! At the top floor there is a salon and right before that there are these totally old school escalator's I so should of taken a picture, they looked so neat! Not safe at the moment because not working and a blocked off entrance at the top, but still looked so sweet.

On our way down, we had some fun. . . .






They both want to decorate their apartments with dragons when they're all grow'd up. Haha-- yes, grow'd up.

After our Macy's expedition, we continued into the slushy roads. One woman held her hand up to us and firmly stated- "Wait wait, don't move, don't be splashing me"-- or something along those lines. She really didn't want to be slushed. Which is understandable, but I don't think there is avoiding it at this point.

We ventured to DOZEN after Macy's and got some YUMMY YUMMY cupcakes. Liz and Addi both got Root Beer Float While I got myself an Oreo Overload-- Oh how delicious!



We did stop in the little cute store again to show Addi and she agreed that it was a sweet unknown huge cute little store-- haha. After Dozen's though, we were starting to get hungry and Addi had a favorite place that totally hit the spot!

FRANKTUARY!!!

This place was so adorable. I got a Naked Frank with two Pierogies, and it was delicious!



We throughly enjoyed our FRANKS (insulting to call it a dog according to a poster in there) and decided to finish our day off with painting nails and eating our delicious and lucious cupcakes-

It was a really fun day and if you can be able to get to the link of the video Liz made on facebook, it really sums up a fun day.

<3 Carly

P.s. Totally sleeping in tomorrow-- we plan on doing another adventure-- I'll blog again!!! :) :)

No comments: