Saturday, May 26, 2012

Workaholic, but True Baking Addict

Summer job time. My days are consumed with work. I must say I am quite spoiled and totally enjoy eating good food at the demos and when softshell crabs are in season I do not complain. It is starting to get humid though and that means the patio is open at work. Polyester uniforms and humidity is not my favorite combo but I enjoy the paycheck.

After work I am tired, but that doesn't keep me away from my friends. Yet again, I go downtown whenever I can =). My friend banana and I are going to make a tshirt blanket. I am so excited to do this. I have so many tshirts, and who doesn't? It's so much better use of the fabric. I wear mostly dresses and have a crazy obsession with rompers (currently wearing one ;-) haha). Tshirts are for events that hand you the shirt to wear for that event. Just my opinion. Haha

Alright, now to my baking =). I made my famous coffee toffee bars, my mom calls them coffee blondies sometimes, and she's already hogging them. I made them right before work and they should've had 10 minutes to cool. I don't think they were out of the oven 5 minutes before she took a knife to them and started eating it. Haha, I'm taking some to work tomorrow and the pastry chef already remembers them and she's told others, "Oh, you'll like them." I love having people enjoy my baked goods! =)

Tonight I'm going to make my kitchen sink cookies. I'm going to a memorial day thing after work (yeah, we have to work :-P ) and I think these will hit the sweet spot. I just hope no one is allergic to nuts. . . I'll have to post pictures of my finished bar socks and the cookies and bars after I'm done baking.

Until next time,

<3 Carly

No comments: