Friday, June 8, 2012

It's Greek to Me =)

I love Greek food, Greek cookies, just all food involving Greek or the Mediterranean in general is fabulous to me. Ask my friends, I'm kinda obsessed.

Anyway, my mother dearest is going on a vacation and the car ride is about 12 hours. Her and her friends wanted so munchies to snack on during the long car ride so I volunteered my baking time to more greek cookies. Something not too sweet, not bitter, not messy, overall a great traveling cookie. They might need glasses of milk or coffee or tea to dunk them in but that's completely irrelevant when they just want something to munch on and not starve during this long trip.

Let me tell you something about the Greeks. They have large families. Have you ever seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding? My dad's family is apparently like that. Big, loud and in each others faces. This is why a Greek cookbook will yield 7 dozen cookies. Hahaha, needless to say, I will be up a little late. Quite alright with me, I'm watching my new movie I got in the mail today, Moneyball =).

If you read up on my blog, you know I'm obsessed with the Best Picture Showcase, and Moneyball was one of my favorites =)

I also got a book in the mail today (I got to go on Amazon). It's Knit Swirl. It's pretty fantastic and I think it'll be a good summer project. I want a sweater and you've all seen my cardigan. I want a sweater. I've been craving a sweater and I think I found a yarn I like at my favorite yarn store (Bloomin' Yarns of course).

Now, I'm finally going to post pictures of my baking! It's all in action now too, currently have a batch in the oven! :)



That is the dough. Now that may not look like a lot, but believe me, it's a sh!t ton of dough. The amount of flour these cookies calls for is insane. I need a kitchen aide Santa!



Now these are just the prep cookies. Normal people would make the cookies this size, but they rise and I like big cookies. I also didn't but a beaten egg painted over the tops this time. I just like them softer.



Here they are cooking! They make the whole house smell lovely. It's mostly butter in there, not going to lie. 3 sticks worth. That's a lot of butter! And then the 5 1/2 cups of flour! Oh this recipe is simple but just tons of things.

Had to take a mini break to change out a batch, just got burned. CAREFUL WHILE BAKING FOLKS!

I already have 61 cookies made, I have 24 in the oven and then 19 left to bake. I yielded 110 cookies, which is way over the 7 dozen, but well worth it. Haha,

Until next time, I'll be eating butter ;-)

<3 Carly

No comments: