Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Summer Baking & Sock Knitting

Really what else do I do with my time? I love to bake and I love to knit.

My friend and I made Chocolate Chip Raspberry Crumb Cake and took pictures the entire time =)



Remy made the topping, and I made the batter.



Next we had to defrost the raspberries (yes, I used frozen. They work just as well!). Mixing them in just made the batter look lusciously pink ;-) hehe



Then the final product after cooking. . .



Now, if we were smart, we would have taken pictures after cutting into them. Well we were hungry and wanted to taste the treats =). Haha, I really don't think these made it past the first 2 days of making them. We took them down to our downtown crew and then I gave a bunch to my handsome man. Also my mom and I can't keep baked goods in the house without snacking on them, haha.

I would like to let you all know, my favorite baking cook book is The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook. It has most of the recipes that I love to bake =).

Off to my knitting now,



I've come a long way and I just keep making up this pattern. Once you learn the basics of an article in knitting you can guide your way through the process. I love that about knitting. I love that I can create what I want =). I'm just itching to start that sweater. I just want to finish these socks before hand. Which is silly, but needed because I like to have one project at a time, and not a bunch of unfinished things.

Oh, I'd like to show you a picture of my handsome man =)



I can't even explain how happy this picture makes me. Almost as happy as he makes me =)

Until next time,

<3 Carly

No comments: