Thursday, July 26, 2012

Cookies & SHOPPING!

First I'll show you my finished pillow =)



Just a quick pin and I decided to put in the stitches as a decorative fashion.



Can't wait to put it in my new apartment. I think I'll do a few more but need some more fabric. I want one that has a big "BEAUTIFUL" on it. If you know me, you know that is my favorite word. I'm waiting to hear back from my roomies if they have any requests, so definitely stay tuned for more pillow projects :).

Now onto the cookies. I asked what I could make my wonderfully handsome boyfriend for his road trip to the Lumberjack World Championships! He simply wanted some chewy chocolate chip cookies. He gave me a foodnetwork magazine and HERE you can check out the recipe. The magazine had a basic guide to how to make cookies crispy, chewy, and cakey.



On the right track with the butter and sugars, the batter looked fine. I got fresh dark brown sugar and unsalted butter just for this occasion.



Adding the dry ingredients it still looks like it's right on track. Just put the chocolate chips in and it'll be good to start baking right? NOPE!



I didn't read the entire recipe before starting the cookies. I had to refrigerate for "at least 1 hour, preferably overnight". And I wanted to make these before dinner with my man. So I packed up my batter that had been chilling for an hour already and put it on ice in a cooler and set way to his house. Once I got there and put the batter in the fridge to chill a little more. After chilling the dough and preheating the oven, I started the cookies.

Each batch took about 10-12 minutes. I set my timer for 12 because I was using chilled dough. I checked on it after 10 minutes and they looked good. Nice and fluffy, yet probably chewy. I waited until my timer went off and went to the oven to take out my perfectly chewy cookies. FALSE! These cookies were flat flat flat. I was making them when my man was distracted, so I altered the oven to 25 degrees lower and set my time for a minute less. At 10 minutes on 375 they looked perfect! This had to work. NOPE. They were still coming out flat. I tired other alterations that were all slight and still nothing really stuck.



My man wasn't distracted long once he could smell freshly baked cookies, and who would be? Well we tried troubleshooting together and still nothing would work. I finally went over the recipe again and noticed a tip up in the corner. You are supposed to SIFT the dry ingredients in order to let air get more into the batter. I felt very bad but handsome assured me they were good. I made many many cookies for him and he shared with everyone on their 15 hour drive to Wisconsin. He even sent me a text when they were a few hours away with the message "cookie love" and one of his friends at the wheel and chomping on a cookie =)

Next is my shopping trip. Oh how Tanger Outlets are fabulous. I also had a bunch of coupons for the Tanger Outlets that let me have 20% off a single item at certain stores. Well here's my loot.



Up in the corner are some lovely NINE WEST boots with a little heel. They were on super sale and just $22 and very cute for fall.

Next and right underneath is a pair of shorts and jeans with the holes from PACSUN. They are both a great fit for my tiny bum, haha.

Underneath is that lacey white top and it's lovely with the orange shorts right next to it, which are from GAP OUTLET. So are the jeans right next to the orange shorts. Again, all great fits and great prices.

Now this plaid shirt right here that is an actual button down that fits me great is from JCREW. I can't explain to you how long I've looked for a button down, and one that fits all aspects of me.

Lastly I got a romper, my true addition in clothes for the summer, from GUESS.



Didn't mean to have my head cut off but I can't take a picture of myself that well, even with a timer- haha. Rompers are such an addiction. I can't not get them. Haha-

Well I'm off to enjoy the rest of my baklava from the farmers market, until next time,

<3 Carly =)

No comments: