Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Craft Day & Pirates

Monday was great. My banana friend and I got to craft ALL day =)

First off, we went to DORSTOP for breakfast. It's in Dormont, right on Potomac off of West Liberty. They've been on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives! We both had Bob's Specialty, which includes 2 eggs, toast, German potato pancakes and it's SO GOOD!
It's also important for my breakfast, if I'm going out to get it, is to have eggs. =)

Anyway, we've been working on our T-shirt blankets, but it is a lot of work and when it's raining out, quote pillows just seemed like the ideal project.



My pillow has "NEVER REGRET anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted."



Banana's says, "Hope does not disappoint" and the reverse has "the ONLY thing that counts is FAITH expressing itself in LOVE."



We had to try out the letters between each word. "T" is such a common letter and there was only 1 in the stencil sets (we got a small, medium and large set). So just take the time to look at my second and third line and how time consuming that was, haha. TOTALLY worth it though!



My pillow is stuffed and just waiting to be sewn up the edge. I wanted the stuffing to set a little before sewing it up, just to also admire an unfinished, but beautiful pillow =)

Now I haven't forgotten about my knitting either. My socks are actually coming along quite quickly.



And I've knit even more since this picture =)

I also want to show off the project I will be knitting during the Olympics. Now first I must direct you to this article, but understand, I am just knitting a project during the same amount of time that the Olympics are going on. It's quite crazy how the article is so against knitters & crocheters doing projects and having teams along with the Olympics. They say things such as, it's insulting to the athletics - it distracts from the real Olympics. All in while, they are donating money to the Special Olympics. . . . Some people just want to be rude I guess.



This is the "Weekend Swoncho" from the magazine, The Love of Knitting. I don't know when I started getting this magazine but I'm glad I did. Now the yarn in the photo is from my favorite yarn stores big summer sale, Bloomin' Yarns. It is so soft and I just can't wait to knit it up. The needles are also from the summer sale and they are beautiful lantern moons. =)

After banana and I crafted all day, I dropped her off back at school and went to dinner with my handsome man. We went to the Double Wide Grill in South Side before going to the Pirates game. I had free tickets from work and I love an evening with my man ;-). I completely enjoyed the pulled pork from dinner and then we got to enjoy dipp'n dots from PNC Park.

The whole day was great. Crafting, great food, great company, great summer =)

Until next time,

<3 Carly

No comments: