Saturday, January 18, 2014

Ice Festivities Continued

I realized after I had posted my last post that I forgot to post pictures of the other carvings! How dare I?!

I'm so sorry, let's continue from after the park.


So this is NOT an ice carving but after driving up to State College in the rain, and no snow up there, I was ex-tactic to have some snow on the ground =) Just look how lovely!!!


Here is the main street, South Allen St., right before the carvings began =)


This is very focused in on my man's carving, Budda. So there is one of these that is out of order, but how they do this is they take the template, the drawing, and iron it on. It makes a fun sound that basically sounds like it is suctioning onto it. They then use the chain saw to carve the shape of the sculpture out. Including main lines and what not. Using the different power tools and the chain saw to create all the fine lines and details. After it is done, they brush off all the snow and torch it. Yes they torch it. It makes it so you can actually see how clear and clean the ice is.


There my man is! He's on the right with the multi tone knit hat, that I ironically did not make... He wears his one that's all dark blue navy at times, but I guess I need to make him more options for the work hat. A tight and not floppy one. He prefers the floppy just for warmth and style ;-) hehe.


Now I cannot forget about the other carvings! Here we have the polar bear couch that Rob did. Very cute indeed.


Now this dragon was done by the family that lives in State College. It was a complete family effort and I loved watching them carve together. Gary and his daughter were working on those details, covered in snow and I just love how it turned out.


Dick and a new guy, Caleb worked on the 2014 together. I was able to get the progress of these throughout the day.


James worked on the Giraffe and I am so mad at myself that I didn't take final pictures of all the carvings. I am kicking myself now. It turned out great I promise!

I will post pictures of all the ice sculptures once mister handsome sends them my way. He may of forgot, or he is just that busy. He actually is just that busy, he has carved 40 blocks this week. That's not normal, that is a lot of work! He is going to be exhausted.

Now Joe also did a carving. It was a swallow but it looked a lot like a mocking jay (you know, the symbol from the ever so famous catching fire/hunger games series). I'll post a picture of that later too.

Rob didn't just do the polar beer couch, he also did a dinosaur. And I may get a picture of it after it was brushed off and torched or I may not, but at least this one is done too! Haha. I'm so sorry! Gosh darn my hunger of going to breakfast instead of walking around.


That's it for the ice festival in State College. Oh wait, we had to celebrate New Years?! Haha ;-)


And that we did. Happy 2014 everyone!

I'll update you on all the knitting and crafting tomorrow. There's a lot. =)

<3 Carly

No comments: