Monday, January 20, 2014

Knits Craft Beer

On my way home I realized how crafty I really am. Not only in the actual meaning of craft, and artsy, but crafty creativity. I went to a meeting tonight (at James Street! Oh how I've missed it there. Order the pierogies, do it.) and am volunteering my time to work with Pittsburgh Craft Beer Week. I'm pretty stoked. I may be going for overachiever here, but I picked to be on the social media committee. I thought it'd be best because look at me already promoting!? Haha, I have much more to learn, and rather excited to be a part of the in crowd to help make it more known. So first things first, it's April 25th through May 4th. MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!! That's all I have for now. I'm sure I'll speak more of this in the future.

Yesterday I told you I'd share with you my crafts, and that I am sticking to.


Now this is conflicting because a lot of the things I am working on now can't really be explained or talked about too much. What I can say is this is a sewing project for someone as a gift to someone else. I don't want to give too much away! Luna loved helping me at the sewing machine though. And just look how cute she is! Haha ;-)


I tried to be a wonderful photographer but it's hard! My darn camera loves to flash and take a while to actually snap the pic. I think I may just use my phone, but alas. This project I can talk about a little bit more. It is for someone that is having something pop out of them in a few months. If you can't figure that out, puzzles are NOT your strong suite ;-). She said greens and blues would be great for the boy and I made sure to use a yarn that is machine washable. It can actually go in the dryer too. Double #winning. The reason there is even grey in the picture is because the border of the blanket I will be making grey.


Again, I'm getting too artistic for my own good. THIS yarn is what I want to make THIS shawl with. Alpha B Yarn's Sexy B in colorway, The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit. Can the name of the yarn get ANY cooler?! I think not ;-)


This yarn, Destination Yarns, is quite lovely. I get it at the yarn shop near my Aunt & Uncle's during Thanksgiving trips. She's been on vacation from her etsy shop for a while so I'm not sure if she'll be doing any new batches, but truly the yarn is gorgeous. The pattern for this hat is also quite lovely. I wanted subtle cables and this offered just that. I also got some male perspective to make sure the recipient would like the hat as much as the female maker ;-). Again though, can't give too much away now.


These socks (SOCKS THAT ROCK!) I have recast on just once, thank goodness, but they follow no pattern. Just a guideline of how to structure the sock. I like that it is self striping now but also a little sad that it's not as speckled. We'll see how this one pans out but I'm sure Handsome will enjoy them either way ;-).


Now I've done this shawl before, Mix No. 3, and I'm doing it again for someone I care about dearly. I think it'll be a classic piece that she can wear with a lot of things. I do get some beef for knitting the same thing more than once, but why let that pattern go to waste so fast. I bought it for a purpose and that is because I loved it. I wouldn't make something I didn't love. I'm just not done loving this pattern. I don't love my cat eating through my yarn, but that doesn't mean I don't love my cat. It's all about perspective.

So I have 4 knitting projects on needles and in the works. One for sure to be cast on in the immediate nearest future. And just one sewing project, that I can't share too much, but as much as I can.

Until next time, stay warm and craft on ;-)

<3 Carly

1 comment:

Liz said...

Your projects look beautiful. Loved meeting you tonight!