Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Knitting when it's warm...

So, I've still been busy knitting, even though it's nearing 80! Someone in my first period class today asked me when I was starting to decrease in my hat- "Carly, why are you knitting when it's basically summer?" Let's be honest, just cuz it's nearing 80, it doesn't mean I don't want to be close to my favorite wool! Well, just not as often on my skin. :) But I actually replyed with something else- I'm actually starting my Christmas presents! Last year my mother and I both started up knitting and crocheting in September/ October. So when we realized we could make a bunch of scarves for christmas, we loved it! An amazing gift anyone would love, easy, and a little bit cheaper then $20's for everyone. So crocheting is really fast, but knitting takes more time. I probably made 5 in the months of November and December, when my mom made about 20. Okay, so she didn't make 20, but she seemed to have another scarf done every day after work--- So time has past, and I'm knitting more and more, I now know hats and excetra, excetra. I was also reading one of my favorite books now, At Knit's End- by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. There was an entry of her saying she was up til midnight or 1 in the morning almost every christmas eve, just trying to finish that one hat, or that last sock for the morning. So, me- realizing I did the same for my aunt last year (I made her a beautiful blue scarf in one day- basically 5 hours or something, still a beginner)- I decided to start making those wonderful gifts now. I mean, I'm always looking for projects to do, why not put them to good use!? Now, I have succesfully made 2 hats, and in the process of thinking of graduation gifts now. So it's nice to have those ideas on the side, even though it is 80 degrees out. :D

Well, here are some pictures of all my lovely knitting- updated from the last viewing.

The Hacky Sack I gave to Taylor- I need to learn how to make them in the round so they look better, but still a good one for my first try.


Here's the Ipod Sock I made for my friend Emily- we're celebrating Memorial day with our friend Catherine too. I get earrings, and Catherine gets a headband (Emily ovoiusly gets the ipod sock). I know the "E" isn't the best, but i was kinda in a hurry. I'll get better at them- I want to personalize my christmas scarves- I hope I'll get better at it! :)
******~~~ I'll be teaching a class in November for teens or anyone who wants to learn- on ipod socks and scarves! You should come, but more details will come later, so no worries!~~***


Okay, here's my Aunt's hat- this is what it looked like Monday night- but now it is finished (as of 6th period today). :)


p.s. Still waiting to get more baby bamboo yarn to finish the baby blanket!

OH! here's the adorable pudge~ she's always trying to get with my yarn. She thinks it's her toy! Where did she get that from?? :)

No comments: