Monday, July 16, 2007

Finally Finished! Was I mean?? :/

Hello Barnes & Noble,

My name is Carly Lunoe. I recently joined the Knitting Group that used to meet at the South Hills Barnes & Noble, in September. I've been wanting to learn for a good amount of time, so when I met them, and realized how nice they were (especially me, because I am a teenager) I joined in. For the first few months that I attended the groups, it was very pleasant. We were near the Knitting books, so I could grab one and learn more while they were teaching me, and we would all have a great time. Then our group got changed to the other side. A lot smaller and cramped. We also had to go farther to go look at the Knitting/Crochet books. It wasn't too bad though, because then we moved back to the other after probably a month or so of meetings. I do remember one employee actually telling us why they moved us to the smaller place though. They told us that they didn't want us to be bugged or annoyed by all of the noise in the cafe. Honestly, we don't really realize that. I know we're a Knitting Group, but we do laugh and have conversations; much like the other people in the cafe. We didn't have to be moved to have a more quite space. After being moved back, we had a really big group one night. Our group is very open to having people come once a month or every meeting. Just very laid back about it, but this night we had lots. We filled up all the comfy chairs, then the wooden ones. I think we finally asked for some more chairs and got some folded ones. This is where things went down hill. The next meeting after this, all we had were too comfy chairs and the rest were folding chairs. We also had a fold up table, but no coffee table in the middle. This made things awkward because we all usually get drinks, and look at books, so the floor was kind of covered in the things that we usually purchase. Most of the people in the knitting group work all day and don't appreciate the folding chairs. It's just not good for your back. Even I got sick of them. So I moved a chair that was vacant around the corner (a comfy one), and brought it to the circle. Once the manager realized my action. He came over to the group and yelled at us. He claimed that I had stolen the chair. We didn't appreciate his tone and it was just very uncomfortable. Then once he left and we discussed his yelling, then he came back over and corrected himself of not saying 'stealing'. I didn't move the chair from outside the chair, I barely moved the chair 15feet. I'm not sure if this was the same meeting, but I think it was a different one. He came over to us and told us that meeting here is a privilege. That we are lucky or whatever to be having our group meeting there. He claimed that we were in the way of customers (not acknowledging that we ourselves are customers each time we come in). He told us that we were in the way of the cook books and the selves on which they were showed. We looked around, and the table that is usually farther away, was moved closer to our circle than usual. And that the same books on the shelves behind us, were the ones on the table. We were confused. No one gave us dirty looks or had any trouble getting to the books. We even asked a few people if we disturbed them from getting to the books. They all said no. The manager at this store has given us too much trouble. And I just don't like how he treats us. The women who started the group a few years ago have called the manager at Borders down the street and they are more than happy to have us. I went to our first meeting and they were wonderful. Enough chairs for everyone, a cute little table, near the knitting books and even coupons for a drink in their cafe. I'm not saying that Barnes & Noble is bad. I just don't like the management in that specific store. I am happy that Borders is closer and very nice to us. I think you should know how the people in your store are treating customers. I don't think they realize that even though we were a group, we were still customers. You might want to check on that. I don't want to come off as rude, I just don't like being treated badly when I go out to have a good time. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and care about all your customers,

Sincerely,

Carly Lunoe

No comments: