Monday, July 9, 2007

Where in the world is???

Yeah, that's what it feels like this week. Everyone is at camp or gone on vacation. It really bums me out! I went for a week in San Diego having like 70 other kids around to an only child with 3 friends going to camp, 3 going on vacation, and me getting a job- all in just a few days after I get back. I haven't started my job yet, but I'm going to be working at St. Clair country club and I'm very excited. I'm going to be a bus girl, and once I get my first check I am buying myself a new Digital Camera! Oh, must tell you the motto~ "We are ladies and gentlemen, serving ladies and gentlemen." I just like it, it just has a good ring to it. I feel so important. But I really hate my uniform. The skirt is just terrible. My usual size, an 8, didn't fit. The sizing on these skirts are ridiculous! I had to get a 14. I just hate some stores and love others.

Well, onto knitting. The fact that I don't have a digital camera makes me type more, but you all love reading so much so you can catch up with it. Ok, the hat that I am knitting for Michelle, is really hard. Trying to get in the grove of doing 3 rib 3 rib 3 rib.... it's hard! Especially since I had to start over with longer needles. The yarn is so soft and looks so fun to work with, but getting through the first few rows~ it's difficult. So instead of working on all that rib, I am working on the baby yarn scarf I have started, and already love to wear while knitting! It's sooo soft! I want to make a huge blanket out of this stuff, hell, let's make my whole bedding this yarn! Ok, I won't go that crazy, but it would be sooo comfy. There's one more scarf. It is out of the same yarn that I used for Ramsey's hat that I made in one day. Instead of just garter stitch all of it. I have a patern of like checkers. I knited the first few rows with garter, but then I do this: Row1,3,5: K5, P5, K5, P5, K5; Row2,4,6:K5, K5, P5, K5, K5. When you come to row 7, you must Knit the first and last 5 like usually, but u change the pattern of the checkers, so that the next checker will show up. I don't know if that pattern is completely right, but for the first 3 checkers, it will work, then the next 3, I think you switch it. I'll show pictures as soon as I can. The scarf is a birthday gift for my vegas cousin who is going to be going to school in PA. That means he hasn't seen snow in a while, and will need some good wool to keep his chilly bones warm! I'm so glad that I have someone who will really use the wool I knit with. I know everyone will, but honestly, I think this will be the only scarf he will own at the time, so I might have to make another one for him for Christmas. :)

Ok, I got all my knitting out and where is everyone. Now what do I do??? I am scrambling to finish the Harry Potter 5 book before the movie comes out. I honestly read for like 3 hours after I get up then even more as the days go on. I have like 300 some pages left. I hope I finish in the next few days~ as long as none of the secrets of the movie get out, I'm good. I know what will all happen in the movie basically, but I don't want anyone telling me what happens through the movie version. I'm so excited, cuz I've seen the previews and it looks like they've done such a good job. Well, I'm going off to have my own little knit night with my mother. Because I have got my new job, I'm not sure if I can make it on Friday, but I will keep this posted. <<33 laters!

1 comment:

LaurieG said...

Friday knitting is at Borders! See you at 7:30. We'll be downstairs by the fireplace.