Monday, January 2, 2012

Long Break

I am so excited that it has finally snowed. And how fitting that it has snowed on the day of the Winter Classic (GO RANGERS!). I remember last year watching the Winter Classic, and then 2 years before that my senior year of high school with the Pens playing- oh my gosh, just a great start off to the year to watch a hockey game outdoors. Next time the Penguins are in that, I'm totally going! :)

Now the reason I am calling this post Long Break is because I just feel lonely. I love living on campus and being able to see anyone whenever I want and it just really sucks having really good friends live so far away. My bestest friend in the entire world lives in Michigan and although I could drive, she could drive, we both have worrying mothers that would kill us if we took the car and drove that far away.

This break has allowed me to get a lot of knitting done though, not going to lie. I have gotten 1 complete Squirrel sock done for Nicole :) .



Aren't they GORGEOUS!? I know they're a little big for her, but she tells me she'll love them just the same :)

Now onto my baking. I started out with my mom's favorite Coffee Toffee Bars- she hogged them and we ate them all here. Next I made some very Christmasy Sugar Cookies, with a little help from a tall lad ;-) . And tonight I have made my chocolate craving of brownies. I must admit that I homemade the first two, but brownies I just can't make from scratch. I can never get them with enough chocolate, or enough moisture in them.



I even got the box with extra chocolate bits in it! And I could not resist, I had to have the first ones with ice cream :)



I thought about making these a little mine by doctoring them a little but I would just ruin them, haha-

Now you all must be wondering how I got these LOVELY pictures with a broken camera, well my Aunt and Uncle got me a new one! Here's a great picture of us by the tree :)



And lastly, a beautiful picture of my baby. She had to have a little photo shoot with the new camera ;-)
By the way, the blanket that my beautiful baby is on is that blanket my mother has been working on since I was 17. She didn't run out of yarn, she didn't finish it properly. We held it up Christmas night, or the day after and realized that she has been dropping stitches and the blanket is getting skinny. . . It totally fits my bed and Pudge loves her new thrown- haha



Until next time-
<3 Carly

No comments: