Monday, February 21, 2011

Love'n the Cold* After the Hate'n Cold

Being sick just stunk! I'm still dealing with an after cough but it's totally better than what I had-

&&& I can show you my COWL! Yes, a cowl. Not a cow, not a col- a cowl. For you non-knitting people, it is a loose circle scarf to say it best. It's supposed to be a loose turtleneck collar but that's why it is a cowl, it's the only part- no sweater.

Here is my 1st attempt at it-- in progress.


{I was wearing a cute outfit that day ;-)} but my cowl no longer looks like this.... It was too big a circle for the small skein I have.... So I ripped it back, everything. I even casted off the first one (I had it on size 8, 16'' circ's) because I wanted to see how it turned out--- I could tell it wasn't the width I wanted it to be, and I can't go get another skein from Bloomin's because I'm downtown for 1 and I bought the last one-- in this colorway at least.

SO here's attempt 2;


I like my pattern idea a lot better for this one and I took 40-50 stitches out of the equation. Hopefully this will be enough, but I will rip back again if I don't like it. I've done it once, I'll do it again! :/ ... haha-- it's really nice to knit with so it's not so bad, but it is rather sad that I thought I had another finished project when it's just another start over... I do love this color though-- it knits up GORGEOUS! {a perk of seeing the whole skein knit already ;-) hahaha}

Next up, *SNOW*



Look at it out there!!!

Anyway, it's gorgeous if you're not catching on! Hahaha--- it's beautiful <3

I'm hoping it keeps coming down like this. I'd love to explore all day long downtown with lots and lots of snow everywhere :)
Until that decision, I'm going back to my homework-- trying to finish it early :) hahaha---
<3

No comments: